We're in the business of adding value. No matter what industry or situation you're in, we'll help you and your small business thrive.
Contact us today to schedule a consultation.
Structuring and tracking
You need to be tracking the right numbers at all times – but that can be easier said than done. Every business has unique indicators of productivity, profitability and performance according to its industry, structure and maturity. We’ll get to know the DNA of your business, whether that’s one you’re looking to buy or invest in, one you own, or a business you’re planning to sell. Uncovering the numbers that are most critical to your business’ outcomes informs further decisions in your day-to-day operations.
Hughson & Associates is proud to help you:
- Identify and assess key performance indicators of your business.
- Develop financial management reports that present those numbers.
- Independently value your business and/or shares.
- Structure new and existing business entities.
- Maximise taxation benefits to business owners and shareholders.
System administration and support
Managing your business tracking, reporting and compliance is rife with heavy questions. How will you record and access important numbers? Who will report on and action strategies to affect those numbers in way that is efficient, effective and legally sound? And what system will support these actions?
Hughson & Associates is intimately familiar with a range of software options and are perfectly equipped to advise on the best data collection and reporting tools for your business, as well as assist in day-to-day processing. We will:
- Review information management software for accountancy, reporting and record keeping to improve efficiency.
- Prepare financial statements.
- Arrange and file company statutory returns.
- Process your debtor ledger and manage client creditors.
- Oversee payroll services, processing and administration.
Financial and investment analysis
Cause and effect applies to financial decisions as much as it does to anything else. If you were to make one change, what would happen? It’s important that collected data can be interpreted accurately. This way, it’s possible to identify the causes of key trends and project the impact of business decisions. Doing so calls for two things: a compassionate understanding of your business and its market, and proven financial expertise.
We know how to turn your data into meaningful insights which drive financial success. Acting proactively, we can identify key changes in the market and discuss the implications of these on your business. Furthermore, we can:
- Regularly project cash ﬂow for each business period.
- Conduct “what if” analyses to inform strategic decisions.
- Provide expert opinions on general business investment.
Ongoing business advice
Staying competitive requires constant adaptation to business conditions and market trends. Armed with up-to-date information that’s presented and interpreted effectively, we will advise you on the next course of action to ensure the expectations of your business’ key stakeholders are satisfied.
As part of our ongoing support of your business, Hughson & Associates will:
- Prepare business plans.
- Produce budgets for management and funding.
- Assist with accessing local finance for further business ventures.
- Aid in preparing submissions for raising finance for purchase of new plant and equipment.
- Advise on financial structuring of business and capital requirements.
- Provide guidance regarding compliance and optimisation of GST, FBT, entertainment tax and Kiwisaver schemes.
- Keep you up-to-date on any tax law changes.
- Minimise payroll taxes.
- Carry out tax planning services for any business entities, companies, individuals and trusts.
- Conduct seminars and training courses on accounting and financial management.
Why choose Hughson & Associates?
There’s more to financial services than just managing the books. Hughson & Associates are here to help you understand your business strategies and see lifelong success. Take Mark Hughson’s own story as an example.
Starting his journey working for a local accountancy firm during his university breaks, Mark climbed the ranks to become a fully qualified chartered accountant and partner of his own formative accountancy firm. Today, he’s the principle stakeholder, with his name on the door and a workforce 11-strong. Behind his success is a willingness to adapt to the conditions, which carries throughout the company. Hughson & Associates operate beyond typical accounting services and function as trusted advisers to businesses throughout Taranaki. Take a look at our Testimonials to see exactly what our clients think of us.
We go above and beyond and do it all with the understanding only homegrown locals can afford.